Popular posts from this blog
How to Get Gum Out of the Carpet
You knew it would happen when you gave it to him, but you gave him the gum anyway. Now you have a big nasty wad of gum stuck in your carpet. Don't panic! We have some tips for how you can get the gum out of the carpet quick, easy, and best of all - without ruining your carpet in the process. Solution 1: Get Cold A common way to remove gum from carpet is by freezing it. Like most things that are frozen, gum gets very hard and becomes brittle. Once frozen, the gum will break apart into pieces with a gum scraper tool, plastic putty knife, or other safe scraping tools. After removing and vacuuming the gum, you may have to spot clean the area to remove any remaining residue or staining with an oil/grease/tar type solvent. Solution 2: Heat It Up Another method to remove gum from carpet involves using a hairdryer. Apply heat from the hair dryer to soften the gum. The softened gum should stick to a cleaning rag or plastic bag and release from the carpet fibers as you lif...
Tasty Treats for Picky Eaters
I like to think that I got pretty lucky with my daughter. Although she did go through a 'picky' phase as an infant because she detested jarred baby food and baby cereals with a fervor that I would never have thought possible of a 6-month-old, it didn't last long. I gave up on the jarred stuff and just started throwing a portion of my meal into the blender for her until she could chew the more solid stuff and she was happy. In fact, she became the opposite of a picky eater - she would try whatever was put in front of her. If she removed it directly from my plate, even better - it pretty much guaranteed she would want more of what I was eating. Now she is 9 and her favorite foods include everything from ramen noodles to lobster (which she called monster until she was four). She loves pizza, mac and cheese, and sushi. For my little girl, the only foods she avoids are the ones she can't eat because they make her sick... because that is the one place I didn't ...
Comments
Post a Comment